California - Northern

We take our trash to the dump (I'm old, it's still a dump). The last load had a few birds and plenty of bad eggs in the mix. DH said the guy commented, "boy your garbage really stinks!" He dumped and ran! LOL

Wait, I'm only 27 and it's the dump.... right? When did the dump stop being the dump.... what's it's called now?

Random picture day.

The 5 month old cockerel I kept. For those of you familiar with my rooster Moose, this is his son.

Also, 5 month old welsummer pullets:

A broody standoff. Luckily, peace was made between them today:

Dusty's (the BR) welsummer baby snoozing.

My Icelandic broody's Olive egger babies:

3 month old barnevelder pullet:

Great pics! What do broody's do when they standoff? Are they fighting over eggs? That rooster is gorgeous!

My silkie surprise pen has 2 showgirl hens white and partridge 2 black hens and a blue and a partridge silkie. The boys are a lavender Roo a sizzle blue showgirl who carries partridge genes a black roo who was my favorite pullet till a few weeks ago and a splash roo. Jojo and ester and Iggy my original showgirls wander in and out of silkielad and lay where they will. So there are a lot options chick wize.
Just got home from work and snapped a few pics. Blue(?) showgirl, partridge(?) showgirl, and a black silkie. Love them all. My kids are squealing with excitement!

She
Oh yay! Good luck! I want a wellie so bad!

I have a 1 1/2 year old hen that I will not be keeping.  She is a great layer, but didn't make the cut for breeding.  I've kept her strictly as a layer.  Her egg is not as dark right now, but should darken up after her molt.  She puts a heavy bloom on them, giving them a plum colored appearance. 

She sounds amazing!

Holy cow it is hot outside. I had to go take the tarp off the run and put up the misters. I wanted to wait until the morning on Saturday when it would be cooler, but when I got home there were a few extra fluffies panting. Since tomorrow is going to be HOTTER, I figured I would be safe and so I did it tonight.

Thank goodness they weren't too difficult to do.

Still sweating profusely in the half hour it took me to assemble and hang them. They felt goooooood when I turned them on! :D

Holy cow it is hot outside. I had to go take the tarp off the run and put up the misters. I wanted to wait until the morning on Saturday when it would be cooler, but when I got home there were a few extra fluffies panting. Since tomorrow is going to be HOTTER, I figured I would be safe and so I did it tonight.

Still sweating profusely in the half hour it took me to assemble and hang them. They felt goooooood when I turned them on!
big_smile.png
Wait until Sunday--110 OMG

The Misters make a big difference

Still sweating profusely in the half hour it took me to assemble and hang them. They felt goooooood when I turned them on! :D

Time for a road trip! It's beautiful here in the bay area finally. My Sac-town friends are coming to visit to escape the heat this weekend.

I'm running out to Home Depot right now to get some. I hate being outside in this weather, and I have to work during most of it.
roll.png

So, what are your opinions on the gender of my little Bantam Partridge Cochin, "it" is 4 weeks old. He's looking a little Roo-ey to me. If he is, is there any one out there that wants him? Oh, and some how I prevented one of the Pendesenca's from Jason, from tuning into a boy. At this point it looks like 2 boys, and 2 girls.
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom