California - Northern

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  ^_^  We're painting today, adding a vintage trailer to our Airbnb listings.  The dinette looks over the coop and garden, so guests can eat breakfast and enjoy chicken theater.  When we have eggs, we'll be offering them to our guests, which I guess makes the chickens a business expense.  :yesss:  

Oh my goodness that's brilliant!

I was asked tonight if I knew of anyone who had a Golden Penciled Hamburg. They are looking for a too, someone broke it to steal eggs and when her boy came to greet them at the door they hit him with a stick and killed him. She would like a new flock watcher, I figured this was the place to ask.

I was asked tonight if I knew of anyone who had a Golden Penciled Hamburg. They are looking for a too, someone broke it to steal eggs and when her boy came to greet them at the door they hit him with a stick and killed him. She would like a new flock watcher, I figured this was the place to ask.

You mean like someone....a person....was stealing eggs out of the coop?

I think I would be investing in a hot wire or whatever they are called and crank it up to maximum. See what kind of jerk I can fry.

I guess I will go get a lock for my coop. :/

Here are pictures of Squishy's foot. She carries it forward and it looks like maybe the outer toe is fused....it is really hard to tell. What are the best early treatment options?
[/IMG][/IMG]

I'd let it get out and put some weight on the toes and see how she does.

I'd let it get out and put some weight on the toes and see how she does.
Yes, They often start getting better when they start working their legs and feet. I have read that putting them on wire helps their feet. They need something to with a grip. I use paper towels for the first week and then switch to pine shavings.

The Brinsea eco glow brooder heater makes them work to keep warm. It is a contact heater so the chick has to push up into it to keep warm. A lot of leg issues go away quickly that way.

You mean like someone....a person....was stealing eggs out of the coop?

I think I would be investing in a hot wire or whatever they are called and crank it up to maximum. See what kind of jerk I can fry.

I guess I will go get a lock for my coop. :/
They think it was a person stealing eggs and it is now locked up tight each night. She's a little spooked since none of her other animals sounded any alarms.

There is a pine tree and palm tree planted in the center divide on hwy 99 around the Madera area. That is said to be the center point of California and divides NorCal from SoCal.

There is a pine tree and palm tree planted in the center divide on hwy 99 around the Madera area. That is said to be the center point of California and divides NorCal from SoCal.

thumbsup.gif

Wow! I just realized how old that question was! Lol like over a 1000 posts ago!
We are a busy thread for sure!

Is it windy where you live? It is very windy here in Davis.

Back
Top Bottom