California - Northern

Got my second brooder set up today. Now the baby chicks have more room, and they are out of my bedroom. It's a win, win. And I may have aquired 3 "mystery chicks" at the feed store today. I can't help it when they are a "mystery". I got 2 bantams, and one "top hat". I think one of the bantams is a mottled Cochin. Not sure about the other 2.

We actually have a bag of play sand in the garage. unless i missed it in an earliet post whats the point behind the sand?
Yes, for standing on but also play sand can be eaten by the chicks. It causes their digestion to work better and helps get rid of pasty butt.

It should not work but it does.

ok, so i think the duckies are starting. although it can take a while. the one egg i wasn't sure if it internally pipped or not. But through the window I see it moving a little. So i put the humidity at 60.
@chiqita … Are you excited??

ok, so i think the duckies are starting. although it can take a while. the one egg i wasn't sure if it internally pipped or not. But through the window I see it moving a little. So i put the humidity at 60.
Are you going to film us a duckumentory??

yes, yes I am. I do think your kids would like to play with the duckies for a week however, they are INSANE cute for a while!

Heck I am excited!

wee.gif

r1mrnc_th.jpg
Ducks are hatching!

Are you going to film us a duckumentory??

yes, yes I am. I do think your kids would like to play with the duckies for a week however, they are INSANE cute for a while!
I will try, but from what i read even at this point it STILL takes a while. So may be a LONG duckumentory. Filmed some of the chicks that hatched. My son was excited, until it popped out all wet and gross looking. Ah, kids

Heck I am excited!

wee.gif

r1mrnc_th.jpg
Ducks are hatching!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom