California - Northern

No Oxine on hand anyone clean hatching eggs with a warm water vinegar solution ? Got a broken egg

I use the Mana pro enzyme cleaner. I have been using it with the eggs from the egg farm. The last couple of sets have been very dirty--one yolk covered and they hatch just fine! I do not have to wash the Del and Dorking eggs.

She sounds like my hens, lol. How many are alive?

-Kathy

A lot! I candled this weekend and pulled 5. There are 3-4 more that are iffy. We will have to see it might still be 20 eggs under her perculating.
Still not sure he is a Roo but he definitely has more wattles and red in the comb than the others. His ears are also very red too. 

For all my breeds unless they are laying or should have saddle feathers wattles mean boys. Bresse can get bumps but not full on. But everyone else red under the chin =boy.

Wow, two of the busiest chicks I've ever tried to photograph. Add to that I was using DH's point & shoot and the battery was going dead. I'll try to get better photos in the next couple of days.

But they are black, I've had black chicks before, but this black is different.

Wow Deb! They are amazing! They would make amazing photography subjects especially when they grow up.

Wow, two of the busiest chicks I've ever tried to photograph. Add to that I was using DH's point & shoot and the battery was going dead. I'll try to get better photos in the next couple of days.

But they are black, I've had black chicks before, but this black is different.

They are very nice!

Hoping for a boy and a girl!

Wow, two of the busiest chicks I've ever tried to photograph. Add to that I was using DH's point & shoot and the battery was going dead. I'll try to get better photos in the next couple of days. But they are black, I've had black chicks before, but this black is different. How amazing they are. What cute little black chicks. Congratulations

Thanks. I will be VERY disappointed if these are black laced red, as I payed for Blues and that would mean I have all splash and black.
The problem is BLRW include Black laced red, blue laced red, and splash laced red. You could get any of them as BLRW's.

Breeding 2 BLRW:
Blue X Blue = 25% Black, 50% Blue, 25% Splash
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash X Splash = Splash

Here is a link where they go more into the genetics -- and how you can tell which your chicks are.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/blue-laced-red-wyandottes-chicken-breed-information

Last edited:
Quote:
I know about the BBS genetics, but I payed for the seller to give me blue chicks. I'll take a look at that link, thank you.
I'm sure the seller will make it right, especially since I payed quite a bit. I just need to contact said person :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom