California - Northern

No but they sell fertile eggs which many of us have hatched. They're cool because you can sex them really early, they lay early and they lay everyday.

Oh wow interesting. Since I had my chicks they are so much fun. I think that I want to get show quality next time. I just got hatchery chicks. They are beautiful but as much time and energy as we are putting into them why not get some show quality from a breeder in my area. Are there list of breeders in northern cal?

Oh wow interesting. Since I had my chicks they are so much fun. I think that I want to get show quality next time. I just got hatchery chicks. They are beautiful but as much time and energy as we are putting into them why not get some show quality from a breeder in my area. Are there list of breeders in northern cal?

Tons! Figure out what breeds you want and ask and odds are good someone here can hook you up.

Seems everyone is hatching right now. Started Saturday finished up yesterday, 12 of 18. Better than the last hatch. And hopefully not as good as the next ;)
And as far as broodies goes, they seem to be taking turns. My other kelso is now broody. One set hatched another ready to go. Lol. My ducks on the other hand seem to sell want to nest together.

What breeds? Debi (@PetRock) usually jumps in with a plug for Pita Pintas but they aren't an accepted show breed)

A lot of people on the people on this list are of similar opinion.

There is not a l"ist" but many of the people on this thread breed birds or know of them. Just ask

No but they sell fertile eggs which many of us have hatched. They're cool because you can sex them really early, they lay early and they lay everyday.
Yep...and other grocery stores sell fertile eggs too. The ones I hatched were Rock Island eggs from SaveMart!

Quote: Thanks, Chris! I have Maran's from Sarah's hatching eggs. She has nice dark ones....

Seems everyone is hatching right now. Started Saturday finished up yesterday, 12 of 18. Better than the last hatch. And hopefully not as good as the next
wink.png

And as far as broodies goes, they seem to be taking turns. My other kelso is now broody. One set hatched another ready to go. Lol. My ducks on the other hand seem to sell want to nest together.
That is pretty good! Were all the eggs fertile?

Back
Top Bottom