California - Northern

Hi all,

I have a question regarding rooster collars. I have a super over enthusiastic bantam Cochin who crows loudly ALL THE TIME lol!!!! He is young and hopefully once he's not a teenager he will settle down. Where is the best place to purchase a collar? Does anyone have experience using one? I don't want to hurt him on accident. Please advise, thank you.

Elizabeth

I will have to try the rolled sock. I made my own no crow collar out of a Velcro strap. Pretty easy to do, and it works pretty well depending on what the objective is. It certainly didn't do away with all the noise. The main problem is no matter how tight I tightened the collar the cockerel still put out about 50% volume. I couldn't force myself to tighten the collar as tight as it probably needed to be in fear of choking the poor bird. Kern

I will have to try the rolled sock. I made my own no crow collar out of a Velcro strap. Pretty easy to do, and it works pretty well depending on what the objective is. It certainly didn't do away with all the noise. The main problem is no matter how tight I tightened the collar the cockerel still put out about 50% volume. I couldn't force myself to tighten the collar as tight as it probably needed to be in fear of choking the poor bird. Kern
That's what I'm afraid of. I'm going to try locking him in the coop to try and keep him quiet until 6 am first.

Quote:
Well, I guess if someone wanted to drop off a few fertile eggs, I could try her out as a broody ... but as far as I can tell, Sylvester isn't getting the job done (I think I'd have to trim fuff, and so far I just haven't gone there except on the girl who got her pantaloons all poopy).

Or maybe I could just slip some chicks under her in a week or two ...

Hi all,

I have a question regarding rooster collars. I have a super over enthusiastic bantam Cochin who crows loudly ALL THE TIME lol!!!! He is young and hopefully once he's not a teenager he will settle down. Where is the best place to purchase a collar? Does anyone have experience using one? I don't want to hurt him on accident. Please advise, thank you.

Elizabeth

My best collar was 4 inch industrial velcro from amazon. Next time I will sew fleece on the inside because it did blister his neck. I ended up sending him away for bad manners. The problem is always when a collar would slip to far up or down more than how tight it was. A finger able to slip in will ensure he doesn't ch oke.

I would definitely say i'm in North Cali. I'm in Litchfield. That's an hour and a half north of Reno.
We are in tahoe. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom