California - Northern

I hatched ten baby chicks.
tongue.png

Good Job!

Post pictures when you can.

I finally processed my last Cornish cross meat bird. She was nearing 7 months which is practically ancient for a meat bird. She had a good life free ranging on our property and even sleeping with our dogs. She did all the normal chicken things like dust bathing, foraging and laying eggs ( surprisingly almost an egg per day). But, in the last few days she started limping and couldn't get around very well:(

After processing, she weighed just over 8 pounds when skinned and trimmed of excess fat ( there was a lot of fat!). I didn't weigh her prior to processing, but she was a huge bird.

Anyone interested in a trio of Old English game bantams?

They were a project of mine (attempting to breed toward cuckoo), but unfortunately, I no longer have the space for them. The rooster is the sweetest thing toward people, I chose to keep him especially for that trait, but fiercely protective of his hens, who are sweet, and quite docile.

I'm hoping they go to someone who will enjoy them, which is why I am posting them here, as well as CL.

I am asking $30 for the trio. Please PM me.
smile.png

00s0s_dZPjjdFPeF6_600x450.jpg
00v0v_7AWApM0rcdE_600x450.jpg
00z0z_iFm9LVUroOl_600x450.jpg

Was she still walking Ok

Walt

Up until a few days ago she was walking fine ( though she did waddle due to her width). But, then she started limping pretty bad on one leg. Before that she would cover a lot of ground each day " running" around the property. When I processed her, the hurt leg was " loose" like she tore some ligaments or tendons.

Trisha

Back
Top Bottom