California - Northern

Halloween chicks. EE x Barnevelder cuties :) All have pea combs, so hopefully will lay shades of green to light olive.

Trisha

Halloween chicks. EE x Barnevelder cuties :) All have pea combs, so hopefully will lay shades of green to light olive. Trisha
Thanks:) I wonder if I can sex them by Breast down color like Barnevelders. The white chested ones appear to be cockerels and the darker grey ones pullets. That would be helpful even if it's not 100% Accurate. Trisha

My McMurray chicks are finally laying. Wow I have an assortment of colorful eggs. I am very happy with their quality so far. Of course hatchery chicks are just that. Good idea when starting out for me because I have a dogs that will eat them if they fly up and get in their yard. Still learning on how to get them to keep flying up. I would be really bummed if I had spent a lot of money on them. My older hens are moulting but just about done. Two have started laying again. These are older hens so they not going to ever produce like a young layer.

My McMurray chicks are finally laying. Wow I have an assortment of colorful eggs. I am very happy with their quality so far. Of course hatchery chicks are just that. Good idea when starting out for me because I have a dogs that will eat them if they fly up and get in their yard. Still learning on how to get them to keep flying up. I would be really bummed if I had spent a lot of money on them. My older hens are moulting but just about done. Two have started laying again. These are older hens so they not going to ever produce like a young layer.
Have you tried clipping the flight feathers on one wing of the younger ones to keep them on the ground?

Back
Top Bottom