California - Northern

Looking forward to seeing and talking with you again. Gayle and I will also be there early. She is almost as enthused as I am now. I am going to try and get some non chicken friends to go. I just don't understand how some people don't see the fun of owning chickens. Kern
I'll be there as well. I'll have 4her's in tow and I can't wait!!

Bonus! 2 new layers this week.

This pretty hen from @chickee laid me the olive egg on the bottom row in the center. The pic does not do it justibe but is as green as an olive from a jar with tiny brown speckles.

Plus one of the 2 Black Copper marans pullets that i got from @onechicktwochick

(On L with pink leg band) laid a gorgeous dark bown egg (id guess it about a 6.5 on the 1-9 scale).

Yay!

This pretty hen from @chickee laid me the olive egg on the bottom row in the center. The pic does not do it justibe but is as green as an olive from a jar with tiny brown speckles.

(On L with pink leg band) laid a gorgeous dark bown egg (id guess it about a 6.5 on the 1-9 scale).

Yay!
Congrats!!! That's very exciting.

Yay!

That is one pretty chicken. Kern

Hi all! I haven't been able to check in in quite some time. Taking care of my 82 yr old father and my husband who has early onset Alzheimers. Plus I went back to work part time. Most days I can't find time to sleep 6 hrs much less keep up with social media. But I wanted to say "Hi" to my fellow chicken peeps (I'm procrastinating on some chores that need to be done). I hope all is well with you and that you all had an awesome Thanksgiving. I do check in now and then but don't often comment since there are so many smart chicken folks here already. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the upcoming (or already in process) holidays!

Take care, Sunny
SunnyDawn,
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Stay strong! And I hope you can find some time to take care of yourself, as well.

i would LOVE to go this year. i always work weekends so never have gone. can you tell me the details. i can not decipher the site. i need an address and when you can buy birds. would chicks be avail? or eggs? just wondering...i emailed someone on the site and altho she said buying goes till 8pm friday night at the coop something...she did not include the date or address...thanks for any enlightenment!
I would be interested in this info, as well. I don't plan to buy, as I have four girls and with my current set up, that's all I have room for, but I would love to go and see the birds. The info I found on line is that the show is at Modesto Jr. College. Is this correct? Thanks!

I would be interested in this info, as well. I don't plan to buy, as I have four girls and with my current set up, that's all I have room for, but I would love to go and see the birds. The info I found on line is that the show is at Modesto Jr. College. Is this correct? Thanks!

MJC West. Right off 99 at the Briggsmore exit. Just west of 99 off of Carpenter Road. You can see the big barn from the freeway. Kern

Yay!

Wow!! She turned out beautiful!!! So glad she lays such a neat egg! The Golden Cuckoo Marans x blue wheaten Ameraucanas make some lovely babies that lay cool looking eggs.

Nice Marans eggs too! Love the chocolate Marans eggs!! My two wheaten Marans pullets I hatched this year from a show line, just started laying and boy are their eggs pretty!

Last edited:

Yay!
What a pretty Olive Egger! Probably one of the most attractively marked ones I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom