California - Northern

Looking for a recommendation for a dry cat (or dog) food to use as a protein supplement to my chicken feed. Ill dissolve it with the pellets and mix it together into a mash

Looking for a recommendation for a dry cat (or dog) food to use as a protein supplement to my chicken feed. Ill dissolve it with the pellets and mix it together into a mash
I've looked at cat food a few times, but it all seems to gave chicken in it, which is just too creepy...
Unless you are willing to go with a super high end brand like orijen, you probably need to get cat, not dog food - cats are obligate carnivores and their feed contains a lot more meat than the average dog kibble.

I've looked at cat food a few times, but it all seems to gave chicken in it, which is just too creepy...
Unless you are willing to go with a super high end brand like orijen, you probably need to get cat, not dog food - cats are obligate carnivores and their feed contains a lot more meat than the average dog kibble.
No chicken!
Ingredients
Salmon meal, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, pea protein, canola oil, natural flavor, choline chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
  • Brand: Kirkland Signature

@caychris here are some pictures of the pintas. They are growing up nicely. I think I have one cockerel.
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2153.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    780.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Nor Cal peeps! So my husband and I grew up in the Bay Area and are thinking about moving back... my question is if anyone has recommendations on where to look that is chicken friendly and still affordable near a BART. We are up there to visit family at times but i know a lot has changed in the 10 years since we lived there. I have a small flock of 6 hens that I would refuse to leave behind when we move. Any thoughts on specific cities or neighborhoods I should check out? Any input is appreciated!!

Last edited:
Hi Nor Cal peeps! So my husband and I grew up in the Bay Area and are thinking about moving back... my question is if anyone has recommendations on where to look that is chicken friendly near a BART. We are up there to visit family at times but i know a lot has changed in the 10 years since we lived there. I have a small flock of 6 hens that I would refuse to leave behind when we move. Any thoughts on specific cities or neighborhoods I should check out? Any input is appreciated!!
Check out the chicken laws forum on here. That would give you an idea. I know a lot of folks have chickens in the East Bay and there should be Bart out there.

Back
Top Bottom