California - Northern

San Francisco is not North, sorry. Napa, maybe. In the valley you could really go all the way to Merced, but maybe not including Merced. But on this BYC thread, Bay Area can count for Northern. Most people would say Monterey and Santa Cruz are 'Northern', but those ought to be considered part of a coastal region starting from San Francisco and going down at least to Santa Barbara.

Would you like a cockerel or two also, lol? I have two black/white, one lighter, one darker, Dominique-type in Gilroy who are looking for a flock to join.
No no cockerels unless you want them processed. We have six rooster here who will soon need to go. I have been unable to sell them.

San Francisco is not North, sorry. Napa, maybe. In the valley you could really go all the way to Merced, but maybe not including Merced. But on this BYC thread, Bay Area can count for Northern. Most people would say Monterey and Santa Cruz are 'Northern', but those ought to be considered part of a coastal region starting from San Francisco and going down at least to Santa Barbara.
Welcome Wagon.gif

We are very accepting here so if BYC members from the coast want to post here we love it!
Do you have pictures of your flock to share?

Anything near Modoc County? Modoc Farm Supply is terrible. A lot of unhealthy and/or deformed chicks and mixed breeds. I'm looking for anything that might be within 300 miles of Alturas. I'm also open to anything that might be in southern Oregon or western Nevada as long as they carry purebred stock of decent quality.

EDIT: One breed I'm particularly interested in getting is Ayam Cemani, but so far it's looking like I'll have to order a pair from Greenfire Farm all the way in Florida since the only thing I've been able to find in California is someone selling the ones they've culled for having undesirable traits like white feathers and pink toes. :\
I can give you the name of a gal that has fine chickens near redding. They are not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom