California - Northern

Hey everyone, thought I would pop in and say hi!:frow

Hi all, haven't been on in a long while. I have a friend whose daughter is doing 4H and needs 2 youngish chicks that would be show quality. She needs to raise and show them. I don't have any experience with this, so I'm not sure where to point her. Anyone close to Tracy have anything??

I will have Barnevelder eggs in the spring. And possibly pure Ameraucana - I have 2 blues (and a black) and thinking of breeding them for a splash. (and some more blues) I love splash and blue birds! I'm up near Auburn.

I even did some leghorn varieties when it was time to cull, and, although there's not a ton of meat, they were still quite good!
I finally have all the cockerels I will use for breeding picked out from this year's grow outs... sometimes that process takes forever! Hoping to get everyone in their pens in a couple weeks - provided the building of a couple more goes as planned!
Yes! I have been pressure roasting them in an instant pot, removing the meat and then pressure cooking the carcass for stock.

Last weekend I used some stock made this way as the base for cream of mushroom soup. It made a big difference!

@ronott1 we will be passing by your area today - I'll wave in your general direction! :frow We've got a wedding to attend in Granite Bay this afternoon!
Have fun!
A new Dutch Brothers is being built at the 102 and main street exit. Not far from Costco and several gas stations

Hey everyone, thought I would pop in and say hi!:frow

I will have Barnevelder eggs in the spring. And possibly pure Ameraucana - I have 2 blues (and a black) and thinking of breeding them for a splash. (and some more blues) I love splash and blue birds! I'm up near Auburn.
I will keep my eye on this for sue!

I have not hatched Barnevelder eggs yet!

Hey all! I am looking for a home for my 5 month old Dominique Rooster. He is tame, handsome, and loves to watch after his girls. I'm in Reno, NV and if you are less than 4 hours away, I will meet you half way for drop off. Let me know if interested! IMG_5471.JPG

Hey all! I am looking for a home for my 5 month old Dominique Rooster. He is tame, handsome, and loves to watch after his girls. I'm in Reno, NV and if you are less than 4 hours away, I will meet you half way for drop off. Let me know if interested!View attachment 1154862
He is a nice one!

Back
Top Bottom