California - Northern

She just recently started doing this, when it was really hot.
Do you add any electrolytes to the water when it’s hot? She may be more prone to overheating than the others. I like to use Rooster Booster vitamins and electrolytes with lactobacillus. If your chicken walks and runs at other times but lays down a lot if it’s hot, then it sounds like heat stress.

Make sure your coop has plenty of ventilation so your birds get relief at night and the stress doesn’t continue all night.

We’re going in a different direction than your first request, but after your latest post, it sounds like this may be the issue. Make double and triple sure she’s getting enough water. Your previous post says that she lays down and stretches her neck to drink. She may not be getting enough water this way.

Anyone here located around sonoma county and can help me with my chicks bumble foot?

I don't see any bumble foot. Those look like nice healthy feet to me. :) The bump is the center is normal if that's what you were worried about.
She might have sprained something in her foot or leg. It happens. I've have several hens come up lame over the years and they recovered with time. As long as you can't find anything obviously wrong, give her time and see if it improves.

In the Ben Lomond area you can definitely find space, but its so hard to live there in the winter. Lots of nights with no power and trees blocking roads. If you get serious about moving down here check out the outskirts of Soquel or the Aptos/Corralitos area. Lots of land and less winter weather issues. I grew up in Corralitos on 3.5 acres. The weather is usually beautiful (out of the fog line) and its so quiet and "country". If my mom hadn't given us a house in town ( I know, super lucky!) we'd want to buy a house out in Corralitos with some land.
I'm moving here soon! This made me weary :(

Back
Top Bottom