California - Northern

I’m sure there’s a range... Yeah, of course the protectiveness is natural. What I was trying to say was that he might work out ok with someone who is willing to put in some work (this guy has definitely shown me that he can learn, as shown by the fact that he will leave the coop on command) and who has a more suitable flock and management than me. I see plenty of people with large flocks that are out all day until they put themselves to bed at night. Owners that keep their hens only for a couple of years and then process them and start over. I think he could be great in a set up like that. My chickens are half pets, some aging and with some chronic health issues and they are not out all day every day. Anyway just trying to give a gorgeous roo another chance...
I guess I should post some pictures of him.
AA6C78AB-6BD2-4365-A7D2-679C412E361A.jpeg
623DA520-AFDA-4FCF-BF9A-158888D37B1A.jpeg
949D7516-46EA-4A2F-928F-A85AD23CF93C.jpeg
949D7516-46EA-4A2F-928F-A85AD23CF93C.jpeg
9E5813DC-B6B4-4ED0-9217-D4D5A9C3D9D6.jpeg

I hope everyone in the Hot parts of the North Sate are ready for the heat wave coming up!

I need to keep an eye on the orbit misting heads. I have had trouble with them clogging up this summer.

Are you using those little metal filters?
Thanks for the reminder!

I so need to order a new filter. With the switch to surface water in woodland I have not needed the filter. This year with the drought, surface water has been cut back and the city is using more well water. The Well water must be adding in more sediment.

Back
Top Bottom