California - Northern

I'm entering flower arrangements today for the fair, then I'll do some flower arrangements for the livestock auction... exciting!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I order cartons from Nasco, buy 100 at a time, for a great price:

http://www.enasco.com/product/C14067N

Their shipping is fast, too.
I never even thought of giving money back for used cartons. Some people give them back, but I like to put fresh eggs in fresh cartons.

Pam, I like your avatar. Now I want to come up and do wine tasting. DH is up there working for a few days, on Clark St. He didn't get the bigger project, unfortunately. He's just rebuilding the sign outside the shopping center.

Laura, I won't have chicks in 2 weeks. It's going to be a while longer until I send the eggs to Ron.

Ron, I will need to ship these eggs down south. What are those great packing instructions again?

Deb, congrats on the hatch.

Good luck to everyone entering in their fairs!

Kim

Ron I had printed that Angel Food cake out but now it's missing (my 3 yo likes to take off with things). I printed the curd recipes. I have to teach church tonight but feel like baking tomorrow. We had a bad weekend and I think we could use something yummy. Thanks!

Good luck to everyone entering fairs- I hope we see some sweet ribbons!

Ron- the EEs are doing great! I can't wait to let them out though. They are so spoiled in the a/c right now. :|

Meg- lockdown -eep!! Question though...what do people do with quail? They are so tiny...the eggs are itty bitty right? Do you eat the quail or just keep them for fun?

I don't know if Copper is doing any better. I am trying to be optomistic but not too much so. He seems to be in discomfort when he goes poop. He is not constipated though. He is eating and was drinking but less drinking now- but the watermelon really is helping. He eats it and gets liquid through that. So I alternate watermelon one meal then about 2 hours later- egg mixed with yogurt. He gobbles the egg. So he does have an appetite.

I order cartons from Nasco, buy 100 at a time, for a great price:

http://www.enasco.com/product/C14067N

Their shipping is fast, too.
I never even thought of giving money back for used cartons. Some people give them back, but I like to put fresh eggs in fresh cartons.

Pam, I like your avatar. Now I want to come up and do wine tasting. DH is up there working for a few days, on Clark St. He didn't get the bigger project, unfortunately. He's just rebuilding the sign outside the shopping center.

Laura, I won't have chicks in 2 weeks. It's going to be a while longer until I send the eggs to Ron.

Ron, I will need to ship these eggs down south. What are those great packing instructions again?

Deb, congrats on the hatch.

Good luck to everyone entering in their fairs!

Kim
Hi Kim,

It is called the Meeks Method.

Here is a link to the website:

http://skylinepoultry.net/

Click on the link that says Blogs/Theories
Then click on the Packing and shipping eggs link.

There are good instructions and a video for packing the eggs.

fl.gif
I hope they get there ok. Do you want to send a hatch tip sheet with the eggs?

Ron

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone entering fairs- I hope we see some sweet ribbons!

Ron- the EEs are doing great! I can't wait to let them out though. They are so spoiled in the a/c right now. :|

Meg- lockdown -eep!! Question though...what do people do with quail? They are so tiny...the eggs are itty bitty right? Do you eat the quail or just keep them for fun?

I don't know if Copper is doing any better. I am trying to be optomistic but not too much so. He seems to be in discomfort when he goes poop. He is not constipated though. He is eating and was drinking but less drinking now- but the watermelon really is helping. He eats it and gets liquid through that. So I alternate watermelon one meal then about 2 hours later- egg mixed with yogurt. He gobbles the egg. So he does have an appetite.
EE's are pretty tough--they will be fine when you put them out.

If it were me I would put Copper on Corid for the 5 to 7 days just to make sure he isn't having trouble with Cocci. I will keep praying for him.

Ron

Wow, 25 pages to catch up on! So many events- hatching chicks and quail (yay!), award winners (congrats, and hope you can post some pics soon), first eggs, mystery "Leghorn" chickens, and crop surgery (hope he's better)!

So sorry to hear about your Rotti, Amy Beth. Getting a new dog doesn't diminish your love for Scrappy. Love only grows, and you and your family obviously have an abundance of love to share with a new dog.
hugs.gif

Hello and welcome to the new folks on the thread!
frow.gif

Good luck to all entered at the fair!
fl.gif

Yosemite was as amazing as always. I'll post more later after I get all the camping gear cleaned up. So much dust! Ugh.

Lynda

Back
Top Bottom