California Serama Breeders Gather Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TYPE people is what we should be going for color will fallow but work on correct type frist . if you have the type down then you can move on to color . as long as we all breed birds that are promoteing and helping the breed type and working towards the same" standerd" then we are moveing in the right direction . but like others have said only breed your best stock ! that way we are all moveing forward . at the present time i am working on getting the best type in my birds as i can this might take months or it might take years but sooner or later i will have some of the best birds in nor cal ! it sure is a fun !

Quote:
good for you kate but white ear lope is not what most breeder would want to use for breeding but their your birds do as you like cause your the breeder ....

Ken
Read what I said....I said I was "toying" with the idea. And, as far as a breeder, we are trying to breed out the white ear lobes, yes, but at this time it is perfectly acceptable to even SHOW a bird with white ear lobes and it is not DQ'd or points off. And, Ken, thanks for the concern but if I decide to breed this guy and work on a barred project, I know what I'm doing. Remember, number 1 thing to breed for is TYPE and this is a very typey cock and he has a LOT of good points and would score pretty decently if I showed him.

x 2 or x 3 agreed type first your right cant go wrong with breeding for type nice bird lets move on ......

Quote:
glad to hear you are going in the right direction as a breeder anyway keep at it we all will get their sooner or later even if we all have are differences >>>>>>......... and yes its fun to see what you get when breeding seramas

I haven't bred him as yet. My black hens are currently being bred to my little black spangle male with the huge chest. This is NOT a good pic of him and he isn't posed at all...
68898_dsc_0026.jpg

Quote:
I love him!!!! Have you ever thought of x him with a bbred hen to increase the redness in the hackles and saddles? He will make a good shire in the spangled project.
droolin.gif

Does anyone here local want to start a black tailed buff project I got a little chick thats a girl she would be a really good start

I have a very nice btb male and a couple of females also but really doing a color project.

Quote:
I love him!!!! Have you ever thought of x him with a bbred hen to increase the redness in the hackles and saddles? He will make a good shire in the spangled project.
droolin.gif

Right now I am breeding him with my little b/w mottled girls that have extreme type. Interestingly he had more white as a young cockerel and chick and lost most of it, unlike all my other. I had thought he would be a b/w mottled but after his first partial molt, this was what I got. I love his tail, very tall and correct. I am going to start working with him to pose here soon and I think he will look amazing. When he does pose his wing is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom