California-Southern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Fuzzbutt, Jan 19, 2007.

1. VentuckyChick

VentuckyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    So Cal
    Congrats! There's lots to learn and this is a great place to do it. Keep us posted on your chicken adventures!

2. captainivory

captainivory New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Send pics wen u start I to don't have any chickens yet but eagerly waiting to start. And welcome to NYC

3. captainivory

captainivory New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Sorry I mean BYC

4. SophieL

SophieL Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] rockinro and captain ivory from Beautiful Downtown Burbank!

5. kian

kian Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    I see her point from the vantage of where I happen to live. It's a very real thing here. However, the fact that it doesn't suggest NO roosters AT ALL is a bit encouraging. They might make it acceptable to have ONE rooster on your property. Right now where I live it's zero roosters allowed. Would be nice to be able to have at least one :)

6. kian

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    Big welcome to all the newcomers! Hope you enjoy your time here! [​IMG]

7. SoCal Dorkings

SoCal Dorkings Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    Southern California
    I think I missed that whole 'hi, my name is' thing and just jumped on my soap box (lol).

I'm in the Antelope Valley, and raise Dorking Chickens in addition to my chatty spoiled Breakfast Club lady's of various ages and breeds that roam the place keeping spiders and bugs in check.

Who where breeds what? Lol.

8. SoCal Dorkings

SoCal Dorkings Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    Southern California
    Yes, but I purchased a house on land that specifically for it's rural animal friendly zoning. Les than 2.5 years later they are trying to make up revenue grabbing ordinances that SUPERCEDE EXISTING ZONING!

All of my neighbors have animals, about 70 percent have "farm" animals, about 50 percent have chickens with roosters. ZERO percent have anything to do with cockfighting.

9. kian

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    Ok yeah that is completely different. I think I know where you are and I agree: you should be able to raise what you want. I'd love to have a rooster, had to get rid of two just last month. Unfortunately we do have the undesirable element not too far from us that have ruined things for the rest of us.

10. captainivory

captainivory New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Does anyone here sell silkies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by