California-Southern

Hi from Tehachapi...it's amazing how attached our family has become to our chickens. We're getting used to having chicken poop everywhere...even sometimes on ourselves when pepper has an accident while sitting on a shoulder.

Sorry I just read all of this. I would have loved to have attended that.

DO NOT DISPARE SoCalChickmom! There will be a hiatus from meet-ups till after summer is gone.
Make up a sticky note for your calendar that sez;

NORCO FALL MEET-UP IS COMING IN OCTOBER!!!!!

There are 2 mega-meet-ups every year in Norco. I will be posting the date sometime in Sept once we figure out which Saturday works best for everyone. It is at a lovely park under a big pavillian. :D

DO NOT DISPARE SoCalChickmom! There will be a hiatus from meet-ups till after summer is gone.
Make up a sticky note for your calendar that sez;

NORCO FALL MEET-UP IS COMING IN OCTOBER!!!!!

There are 2 mega-meet-ups every year in Norco. I will be posting the date sometime in Sept once we figure out which Saturday works best for everyone. It is at a lovely park under a big pavillian.
big_smile.png
Sue, I think we make it the second Saturday of the 2 times we have the meet up. always easier to remember for everyone here and the City... I'm emailing that letter that I got from the BOE to Norco today...see if that evokes a response... In the mean time, maybe you could get to the Norco office and reserve the pavilion for that day.

Last edited:
Sue, I think we make it the second Saturday of the 2 times we have the meet up. always easier to remember for everyone here and the City... I'm emailing that letter that I got from the BOE to Norco today...see if that evokes a response... In the mean time, maybe you could get to the Norco office and reserve the pavilion for that day.

:yesss: and thank you hosspak for remembering the dates! I know the first poultry show of the season is the first weekend of Oct. so that sounds about right!

Hi from Tehachapi...it's amazing how attached our family has become to our chickens. We're getting used to having chicken poop everywhere...even sometimes on ourselves when pepper has an accident while sitting on a shoulder.
Hi Tehachapi! I was just there visiting family. Love the hills and oak trees =)

Hello everyone! Does anybody here keep chickens for "pets" and not specifically for eggs. While I love my chickens, I also need them to be laying. I bought some "laying hens" back in January, and one of them just doesn't lay. I bought another set about 2 months ago, and one of them isn't laying.
Yesterday I unexpectedly inherited 4 chicks, and I must make room for them.
One of them is what appears to be a Mottled Java, and I was told that the other is a Black Ameraucana. They are each only supposed to be about 2 years old.
I need a new home for my two non-layers. If anybody relatively close to Yucaipa, Ca is interested in some new "pet" chickens. (OR, wants them for their stew pot), please contact me.

Back
Top Bottom