California-Southern

@newchickincoop I was out of town for a month - how is your bird?

the first thing I think of with swollen sinuses and puss is Coryza - its a stinky smelling discharge, often bubbly

fowl pox will also present that way but not stinky

I find it interesting that vets will prescribe Baytril - the FDA bans enrofloxacin use on poultry - but its very effective. I use agrimycin (chlortetracycline) injection as my first line.

As my farm is in a country where I can get generic baytil for $15 per 100ml - I do have it as a last resort. Here the brand name is over $100 for 100ml. Agrimycin is $15 for 100ml and you can get it on line without a prescription

Good luck

You are all cordially reinvited, invited again to the 2nd biannual Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is March 28, 2015 the location will again be at Lake Point Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Set up starts at 9am and the party starts at 10am until dusk. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and 4 picnic tables (1 bbq in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch.
Feel free to add what you're looking for or what you want to bring. And please share the tread. Any questions, PM me... Thanks...

You are all cordially reinvited, invited again to the 2nd biannual Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is March 28, 2015 the location will again be at Lake Point Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Set up starts at 9am and the party starts at 10am until dusk. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and 4 picnic tables (1 bbq in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch.
Feel free to add what you're looking for or what you want to bring. And please share the tread. Any questions, PM me... Thanks...
Here is a thought for the upcoming meet up. Would it be possible for some of our chicken friends to make up some gift baskets for the raffle gifts? I think we had some awesome gifts and gadgets last year but I saw the gifts baskets at the Bakersfield meet up and I thought that was pretty cool. What do you all think?

Thanks, Froggiesheins. Seems all the turkey peps are back east.

Try Central and Northern California threads.

fyi - there is an APA Poultry show the weekend of January 31st sponsored by the Pacific Poultry Breeders Association in Modesto.
I saw beautiful turkeys, ducks, geese, chickens, etc at the Ventura show, I imagine there will more at the Modesto location.

From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
Now that the craziness has ended it's time to get back to business! We had a holiday hatch of quail here on the Ranch... I have Pharaoh and Tibetan Coturnix quail available. I just sold out the 4 week old quails but I still have the 1 weekolds. Let me know... and Happy New Years everyone!

so cute and tiny

Back
Top Bottom