California-Southern

Hey all! I'm in Hemet California. Just breaking into the chicken world. Looking for retailers. Got my first coop up and Ready. Now I gotta fill it. Mostly looking for egg production
Wynadette, Plymouth rock and Rhode island red.
I'm big into gardening. Grow a huge vegetable garden each year. I very much wish I could own and operate a farm. Buuuttt the good Lord put me here, so here I am making the most of it.
wink.png
I'm in Homeland, what part of Hemet are you in ?

Hey all! I'm in Hemet California. Just breaking into the chicken world. Looking for retailers. Got my first coop up and Ready. Now I gotta fill it. Mostly looking for egg production
I'm big into gardening. Grow a huge vegetable garden each year. I very much wish I could own and operate a farm. Buuuttt the good Lord put me here, so here I am making the most of it.
wink.png
I am in Hemet also. Welcome
D.gif

wink.png
That is a great cauliflower!

One of my sons and I are trying our hand at a vegetable garden but we have much to learn still.

That is a great cauliflower!

One of my sons and I are trying our hand at a vegetable garden but we have much to learn still. 

its one of my favorite hobbies. And with chickens, the insects it attracts alone will be beneficial. Also any of the discarded veggies they'll love. Everyone is happy.

its one of my favorite hobbies. And with chickens, the insects it attracts alone will be beneficial. Also any of the discarded veggies they'll love. Everyone is happy.
Yes left over veggies or scraps are great for the chickens or ducks. I even feed them the weeds.
Do you start your own plants or buy starter plants. I think there is a section on this board that is for people interested in gardening too.

Here you go-

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16176/gardening

I am sure people will appreciate your expertise input.

Last edited:
Hey Southern California backyard poultry lovers! The California Poultry Federation is hosting a Backyard Poultry Workshop on March 14 at the San Bernardino CAHFS lab (California Animal Health and Food Safety laboratory). Click on the CPF website (cpif.org) for more information or email Monica Della Maggiore at [email protected]. The workshop is open to all poultry enthusiasts and costs $20, with lunch included. Space is limited so registration is required. Free registration to the first 15 people.

Back
Top Bottom