California-Southern

I have a batch of Jill Rees cream legbars hatching today. There were about 8-10 eggs, and the last 2 eggs were pipped when I left for work. No idea of sex split.

I don't want to set up a brooder so happy to let the lot go for $50 if they are taken before I can set up a brooder!!

Their parents were $199 each as day old chicks when I got them (they are less now) but still this is a deal !!!!

Please PM me if interested.

I have a batch of Jill Rees cream legbars hatching today. There were about 8-10 eggs, and the last 2 eggs were pipped when I left for work. No idea of sex split.

I don't want to set up a brooder so happy to let the lot go for $50 if they are taken before I can set up a brooder!!

Their parents were $199 each as day old chicks when I got them (they are less now) but still this is a deal !!!!

Please PM me if interested.

OH mannnn.... me want big time.... no coop though....
th.gif

deb

Quote:
Deb, they are yours if you can rummage up a coop, or even a brooder for now.

Not sure if I will be hatching next year, and have just put in the last batch for the year. So I would really like you to have them.

Oh Phage you are sooo sweet... its not looking good for me and chickens at this point.... I will take a couple year rain check if thats possible... I am still living in the city away from my home.... Grandma is going to be 99 on the 16th... um er today.... shes my priority right now...

ARE you getting out of the hatching business?

deb

Quote:
Well, it all really started as a fun thing to do with my kids, but DD #2 just got herself into vet school in the UK (straight from high school) so she won't be around anymore so it won't be so much fun. The hatching is fun but cleaning brooders and rehoming them is less so. Also the chick dander in our garage drives DH crazy and I feel he has suffered that long enough!

Also with working a full time job in academia (60+++ hr week) I don't have a lot of time to spend on the chickens so will cut back big time and maybe just keep a few. I just have about a dozen hens now. We will see.
BTW all 9 eggs hatched with what looks like an even split on sex - prob 5 girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom