California-Southern

Do you have any lights that stay on all night? I had a solar light on in my coop. I thought it only came on when I turned it on but my friend pointed out it was on motion my chickens were up all night and exhausted because the light made them think it was daylight. But I do think you have a predator... Any tracks?

My usual guy in Norco i go to USUALLY has chickens of all ages. But he went to the la county fair so hes not so secret anymore. Last i went he only had 4 weeks and under. His place is chicken gallor his names russel you can find him on creigslist

My usual guy in Norco i go to USUALLY has chickens of all ages. But he went to the la county fair so hes not so secret anymore. Last i went he only had 4 weeks and under. His place is chicken gallor his names russel you can find him on creigslist
Yes- I've dealt with him before and have seen his birds... Can't go wrong with Jeff/ @Papa Brooder from Papa's Poultry. Gorgeous, high quality, birds, wonderful customer service... But he's in Nor Cal so it's a shipping issue... I'm looking for BYC members that sell their own hatching eggs, specifically... It doesn't seem there are very many.

Thanks for the Craigslist idea. I am looking for a small coop and I saw one there and I am definitely gonna look into getting chickens.

Heads up, ladies and gents! I will be setting 24+ Blue Laced Red Wyandottes a week from Saturday. These have birds from the four main breeders~ Jerry Foley, Blue Poultry, Patterson and Gabbard Farms. Here are some pictures... I am also hoping for eggs in early February from the silver laced pair pictured, to set with some LOCAL lavender Orpingtons (had a disastrous experience with shipped lav orp eggs recently). Let me know if anyone is interested... 4 BLRW are spoken for, along with what I might keep.

Back
Top Bottom