California-Southern

Pics
San Diego here.
big_smile.png

My Brabanter hen, I have only one, laid her first egg and I am impressed with the size. Brabanters are medium size chickens and mine are only six months old. The roosters have filled out a little since the pictures on the other page but at this point I have only 6 hens of various breeds and two roosters who were ordered as pullets. I just separated them. The largest with the best color pattern is by himself. The other cockerel who is with the hens has a a nicer crest. They are pretty calm birds and have been compatible until just this week. I can not bring myself to eliminate him. Tomorrow I will take and post new pictures so I can show my first egg !

Quote:
Hey there!
I used to live in Pasadena - Just beside Caltech. Where are you??

I'm up in northwest Pas - kinda close to Caltech. I love San Diego though! I was born in La Mesa . . . small world i'nt it?
Cheers!

Hi Farmerboy24, I am a little south of you. My BBS orpington chickens hatched in June, 2010 and my toulouse geese hatched in May, 2010. Looking forward to getting my first eggs!

Quote:
Have you been to poultry shows in the past ? Do you know how to enter a "for Sale" bird ? Stockton is a long drive. Are you bringing any one else with you ? I might be talked into a share ride. Gas is so expensive and the show in Fresno is in February and is closer.

I decided I'm going to post on as many threads as I can to help build up the Egg Train this year.

The West coast is lacking in help right now and most birds and eggs that we need to move are here.

If anyone travels or will be traveling, or just wants to help with organizing or making some short deliveries, please, please, sign up on the members thread and add your traveling destinations to the monthly destination threads.

The Train have worked. I got behind after my husband died and lost some momentum, but he was behind me on this and I really want to make it as big as I can, so although most members from California are in Southern Cal, we can still use lots more.

My main reason for starting this was because I get the worse looking hatching eggs in the mail. I wanted to do something that would help all of us get out shipments in better shape. This year you'll all see me really trying to grow this, so you might as well give up and join in. Help your fellow BYCers out.

OK you can return to your regularly scheduled posts.

Thanks

Kim

Back
Top Bottom