Call Duck Adventure

I haven’t read all the posts but I had to reply. I got eggs from the same seller! The last just hatched about an hr ago. Great shipping. Lost a few due to incubator malfunction. I ran half in an auto turner brinsea octogon and then the other half I manually turned in my brinsea mini eco. I lost six of the eggs in the octogon due to malposition and them pipping veins vs aircell. All of my saddle shaped aircell eggs hatched without issue, which surprised me. Here are two pics of the a few of ones that just hatched from that seller ❤️ Also, i dry incubated them with avg humidity around 25-30.

Because I am a candle addiction person I just had to get a peek at what was going on in these eggs. I did want to candle all 24 eggs so I choose 6 eggs I tried to pick some that looked like they had saddle air sacs and then normal air sacs when I originally set them. I will still do a full candle on all of them in a few days but I just couldn’t wait to see something in them.

View attachment 2047531View attachment 2047534View attachment 2047535View attachment 2047537View attachment 2047538View attachment 2047539

so the guy I got these from suggested a 50% humidity for these eggs. I haven’t really heard of it being that high before but what do I know I have never hatched calls before, that might be more normal. Thoughts suggestions?

Attachments

• F8728B30-4E33-4BA7-966E-9616603CF901.jpeg
    F8728B30-4E33-4BA7-966E-9616603CF901.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 9B71A4B9-D7C6-47DD-8C16-FC48D2A11401.jpeg
    9B71A4B9-D7C6-47DD-8C16-FC48D2A11401.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 8
I am not an experienced duck incubator let alone call person——-I bought them on impulse and committed———- i saw your pics and realized that our eggs are related and wanted to chime in on my experience. I am officially in love with them and their tiny mighty little selves. Also, i have mostly the mallard type calls from this hatch. One bibb and a few yellow ones with black mascara. Not even familiar enough with markings to say rightly. Good luck with your hatch!!

I am not an experienced duck incubator let alone call person——-I bought them on impulse and committed———- i saw your pics and realized that our eggs are related and wanted to chime in on my experience. I am officially in love with them and their tiny mighty little selves. Also, i have mostly the mallard type calls from this hatch. One bibb and a few yellow ones with black mascara. Not even familiar enough with markings to say rightly. Good luck with your hatch!!
I am super excited for your hatch. I think though yellow ones you weren’t sure on might be snowy, but this is my first time with calls too. I do love the bantam breeds a lot. Makes me happy to know someone else hatched from the same person I did. Can’t wait to share pics with you to.
Did you have to do much assistance with the hatches?

I haven’t read all the posts but I had to reply. I got eggs from the same seller! The last just hatched about an hr ago. Great shipping. Lost a few due to incubator malfunction. I ran half in an auto turner brinsea octogon and then the other half I manually turned in my brinsea mini eco. I lost six of the eggs in the octogon due to malposition and them pipping veins vs aircell. All of my saddle shaped aircell eggs hatched without issue, which surprised me. Here are two pics of the a few of ones that just hatched from that seller ❤ Also, i dry incubated them with avg humidity around 25-30.

Adorable! Two Gray,One Snowy,One Blue Bibbed in the picture if you were wondering.

I am super excited for your hatch. I think though yellow ones you weren’t sure on might be snowy, but this is my first time with calls too. I do love the bantam breeds a lot. Makes me happy to know someone else hatched from the same person I did. Can’t wait to share pics with you to.
Did you have to do much assistance with the hatches?

I am excited to see yours when they hatch! I did have to assist a few. The first to pip did so through veins so i had to help that one and two others who were unable to get to the zip. Not bad though. Nerve wracking for me still but definitely not as bad as i was imagining

Back
Top Bottom