Call Duck Adventure

We have 6 welshie babies at the moment and 1 call duck. I was awoken by a hatching baby that became super glued by her own egg junk that was still stuck to here at 5:30 this morning.

down side no progress on any of my call eggs so I am currently debating on assistance to them at this point

Have you been opening the incubator lots? Low humidity during lockdown will cause the chicks to superglue themselves to their shell, try to keep the humidity up.

Humidity was stable at between 60-68 all night. Anytime I opened it I misted the floor to up the humidity.

this was the only duckling that had this problem. It had egg junk stuck to her the floor, other eggs.It seems that once she dried off from hatching it was like super glue. So her foot was stuck in a funky position and egg shell pieces where stuck to different parts of her where she rolled in the fall offs from all the hatchings. I pulled her out and started cleaning her off.

I did start an assist based on the guid by Pyxis which is what prompted me to think about doing it now and not tonight or tomorrow. The ones I started with had shell bruises and a lot of peeping going on inside but no external pips. So they were likely still going off my safety hole I put in yesterday. I opened the air cell and all but one of the 4 had all their veins nearly absorbed. The others I am going to give more time.

Here are pictures of some of the babies. These welshies appear to be all girls. There is also the one call baby in here.

CBE2E804-2DEC-4EA6-B9AD-886A98BC91BE.jpeg 239100E3-6114-44A9-AFFF-2B7057F9DEB4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom