Call duck pen ideas!

Pics
I have been monitoring Pippa, the baby that was less active, and she seemed well until today. Please Advice? She is completely off balance and can’t walk or stand. Should I try administering B vitamins? I’m really worried. Yesterday she was eating and drinking. She walked fine but just wasn’t active. Is it a nician deficiency? @Miss Lydia do you have any advice?

She is also breathing heavily which is really worrying me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 9
I am so sorry! :hugs

You did all you could, don't ever think it was your fault. Some ducklings just have a hard time thriving after being shipped.

Thank you. I’m just really sad. I thought she was doing better. I think she was just weaker and fared harder from the trip. I’m already so attached to all of them.:( The others seem fine but I will monitor them closely.

I am also wondering what age I should start the ducklings on grit? I’m worried it is too big for their little mouths. I have been crushing up their food, which is duckling crumbles, because I have been worried it is too big for them also.

I love having a mixed flock.
it’s fun to see the slightly different temperaments and behaviors from one breed to another. I love them. I could watch them all day. Non duck people don’t know what they’re missing, don’t you think?
Sorry I missed this post earlier. I love it too! I would get bored if they were all the same color or breed! I love my ducks a lot so far they have been the most loving of all my poultry and fowl. :woot

Have you been giving her vitamins recently? In the waterer or directly into her mouth?

If she is off balance, I'd definitely give her some vitamin B.
Thought I’d reply to this in case I need it for the others. I have been giving them B vitamins in the water recently. I picked up the vitamins that are administered by mouth just in case the others need it. She was drinking and eating fine so I’m sure that she had to have got some from the water. I’m not really sure the extent of what was wrong with her. I miss her already. :(

Back
Top Bottom