1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lacrystol, Mar 30, 2013.

1. clousert

clousert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2013
    Melbourne, FL

I use Dumor chick starter/grower 20% for chicks and ducks from Tractor Supply and it does have Niacin in it. Niacin is vitamin B3.

2. peachncrm37

peachncrm37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Central Florida

Oh LOL really? Wow Im a dumba$$. That's what I feed too. Gee thanks for stopping me from wasting money. Ha.

3. clousert

Aug 16, 2013
    Melbourne, FL

Lol. I did the same thing when I first started. It's not listed in the big print so I was looking for a supplement. Someone else pointed out to me that it is shown under the ingredients on the tag and is in there. I checked and it is listed in the ingredients. As long as the parents are fed a good diet the babies should not be deficient. They just need more in their daily diet than chicks do.

4. clousert

Aug 16, 2013
    Melbourne, FL

I haven't gotten any texts but maybe the cell waves are slow :)

5. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Well I have never had an issue so I really don't see the point. I give mine all flock feed, high protein. I don't plan on getting any, unless I see an issue I think I will pass on that one. LOL I don't recall a momma duck giving it to her kids. LOL

Yep, I'll pass.. I know they need High protein and that is one thing I am a pickle on giving them. anything else, unless I really see the purpose or have an issue. I just won't get it..

6. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    How about now? LOL

7. clousert

Aug 16, 2013
    Melbourne, FL

Got it that time :) Eggs will go out tomorrow.

8. Dianne1928

Dianne1928 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Stagecoach Nevada
    Hi Lori!!!

I have two new duckies this morning! I safe holed the rest. If I get a spotted one, I will ship it to you at 2 weeks. I can ship a chick in too for company. I will post pictures tomarrow when everyone is fluffed out. They mostly look like drowned rats with bills right.

Also I read that turkey food has the correct amount of niacin for ducklings. Also game bird and broiler feed.

After this post I will post pictures of little duck and special. They are getting their feathers, and their colors look unusual to me.

9. Dianne1928

Jul 1, 2013
    Stagecoach Nevada
    [​IMG]

10. Dianne1928

Jul 1, 2013
    Stagecoach Nevada
    [​IMG] uu

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by