Call Ducks on day 30!! All still moving but no internal pip…what next?

I have taken advice from if friend who said not to mess about with them, I’ve been very good and left it all well alone except to top up water and just candle on 7,14,21,26 & today (which to be honest I didn’t think I’d have to do again today but panicked a little)

Even if takes long now, I hope everything goes well! Keep me updated! My call eggs of this year have yet to enter the incubator. Only one duck started breeding outside now

So out of the 16 I think I was left with 8 hatched but 1 died after, it didn’t look right though. A few died in the shells but had internally pipped. I think I must of had the temperature to low which delayed it or something but the remaining ones are doing really well and are making lots of noise and mess…it was a good learning curve. I’m keen to do it again as I think next time I would feel abit more comfortable with the whole process. I took notes after id asked for help on here.

I’m just grateful after all the stress that I actually got some 💕
Och look!! They’re so cute. Yeah they look happy and thriving!

My first attempt I started with 36 eggs I think and ended with one single duck 😂 such a shame you lost so many but what a great experience and now you’re 7 ducklings richer

Thank you, it’s a brand new machine so hoping it has been correct and it’s not something I thought about checking. I’ve got a meat thermometer here somewhere so I’ll check it out to be sure 😬
If you use a meat thermometer it might not be acurate. But in an incubator i have with a meat thermometer looking probe I have to measure just above the eggs. Temperature will differ in the top of your incubator.

But don’t mess to much with your eggs so late in the hatching cycle!
I have taken advice from if friend who said not to mess about with them, I’ve been very good and left it all well alone except to top up water and just candle on 7,14,21,26 & today (which to be honest I didn’t think I’d have to do again today but panicked a little)

Thank you, I had marked everything on the calendar to be sure because I wanted to do it right. But I am doubting the temperature now so ordered another thermometer on Amazon last night after someone else said. It must be something like that as it’s all the eggs rather than the odd one.

I’ll give them abit more time and hope for the best 🤞
Just curious how things turned out?

Thank you for your quick reply, I’ve now upped the temp slightly and lowered the humidity and hope for the best.
It’s only my personal ( and some others) experience, many will do this a bit different maybe. If you have an external device to check if your incubator shows the correct values, that would be great!

To hot is bad too btw
https://www.kippenhuis.nl/digitale-thermometer-hygrometer
I use above device to check the values if the machine

It’s only my personal ( and some others) experience, many will do this a bit different maybe. If you have an external device to check if your incubator shows the correct values, that would be great!

To hot is bad too btw
https://www.kippenhuis.nl/digitale-thermometer-hygrometer
I use above device to check the values if the machine
Thank you, it’s a brand new machine so hoping it has been correct and it’s not something I thought about checking. I’ve got a meat thermometer here somewhere so I’ll check it out to be sure 😬

Back
Top Bottom