Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Bonnie is a partridge. I had a two of them once.

I'm beyond sad today. My most favorite goat has been losing weight and today he has reached the point of shivering. I have tried worming but I know that's not it. He and my 3 pygmy are 11 years old. I don't know what I will do without my Joseph goat. :( Now I have to ponder putting him down. I don't want him suffering in this weather. We will see how it goes over the next week or two. I see one of the pygmy is getting slow and looking old too. They aren't keeping weight on like they used to. :(

I'm beyond sad today. My most favorite goat has been losing weight and today he has reached the point of shivering. I have tried worming but I know that's not it. He and my 3 pygmy are 11 years old. I don't know what I will do without my Joseph goat. :( Now I have to ponder putting him down. I don't want him suffering in this weather. We will see how it goes over the next week or two. I see one of the pygmy is getting slow and looking old too. They aren't keeping weight on like they used to. :(

I’m so sorry about your goatie. Maybe a copper bolus and some B vitamins? Put him in a stall with a lamp or a coat maybe?

That's sad Lisa. I hope you figure out what's wrong.:hugs

:hugs

I’m so sorry about your goatie. Maybe a copper bolus and some B vitamins? Put him in a stall with a lamp or a coat maybe?
I have tried such things in the past and they always end the same way. They have unlimited access to a loose goat mineral containing copper. When I rub his cheeks I can feel his molars, I wonder if they get teeth problems, but he eats okay so probably not that.

I'll do what I can to make him comfortable and may try another worming and vitamins, but I doubt it will help. I've had a lot of goats over the years and generally when they start getting thin I cannot stop it no matter what I try. :(

That's sad Lisa. I hope you figure out what's wrong.:hugs
I'm pretty sure it's his age. He's not ancient, but he's at the average. I have had vets out before with no answers because they don't know goats. I have seen this many times before and I'm pretty sure it's just deciding when to end it.

IMG_2075.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom