Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year! What does everyone house their birds in? Right now we have 4 different coops which can get a little tough to manage. I'm thinking either build 2 very large coops that can be divided up (one for the chickens and one for the ducks) or a barn. Thoughts?
I have three Coops and runs going at all times. Chickens and two Duck pens..Seams like all I do is haul water..

I don’t mind hauling the water or feeding my chickens. I don’t even mind cleaning out their coop when it’s dirty.
I’m pretty sure I’ve gone chicken crazy. :th
I'm beginning to feel like my pail is an extension of my hand..water freezes in no time so out I go again to fill four water bowls about 4 times a day.

I've become more...efficient...as the years go by; we have all weather hydrants at the coop, which has good lighting and heated bases for the waterers. Also hydrants at the horse tank (heated too) and at the cattle tank. I can usually drive out to the coop with the feed bags. Deep litter so semi-annual clean out only, and sheds for the cattle and horses, so no daily stall cleaning either.
Next week the temps are supposed to go up to January averages, and it will be a HEAT WAVE!
Happy New year, everyone!
Mary

Was out doing chores and noticed my Cats door flap ripped off going into my Garage where the Cat lives and my Calls are.
Grey fur stuck to it..I hope it was not a Coyote trying to get into my Garage..Fingers crossed it was a big Cat needing a place to sleep?..Now I'm worried..lots of fireworks last night so hopefully it was a scared Cat?

Was out doing chores and noticed my Cats door flap ripped off going into my Garage where the Cat lives and my Calls are.
Grey fur stuck to it..I hope it was not a Coyote trying to get into my Garage..Fingers crossed it was a big Cat needing a place to sleep?..Now I'm worried..
Oh no. I sure hope all your ducks are ok :fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom