Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
BYC went all wonky for a minute here: :lau IMG_9074.PNG IMG_9075.PNG IMG_9076.PNG IMG_9077.PNG

So cold here again...Had Ducks out today in the warmer part of the day...Brrrrr! The three in the one pen were covered in frost and ice when put back to the heated garage. Brrrr so cold till tomorrow ...
Pretty darn cold here too. Too soon for it to be so cold, but I guess it's never the right time to freeze my giblets off.

Happy new year! What does everyone house their birds in? Right now we have 4 different coops which can get a little tough to manage. I'm thinking either build 2 very large coops that can be divided up (one for the chickens and one for the ducks) or a barn. Thoughts?
Most of mine are housed in a 40x40 pole shed. It used to be tin but we are converting it to wood. I keep about 75 chickens, 8 ducks, 12 goats and 3 donkeys. I also have a bantam coop built on the backside of our barn, and a separate free standing turkey shed.

Most of my chickens are in one shed, but I still need multiple water and feed stations, so I'm not sure if it easier or not. It would be easier if the ducks were separate so they wouldn't mess the waters so much, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom