Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be so happy to have some warmer weather.
I got 4 new orchids all from clearance so the flowers were spent, but the plant should rebloom in a few months.
Also today is the first day of classes for me and I’m taking a laboratory animal management class that’s hands on so it should be fun. :)
Awesome....👍
I'm definitely happy with the weather here now! ❤️😃

Farming is a very dangerous profession. The work is rewarding up until you start feeling the inevitable arthritis from the wear and tear on the body.

I've been kicked multiple times, gored in the back and chased by bulls. My brother got run over by a bull. I used to worry about my husband every time he went up in the silo to get the unloader unstuck. The guy down the road lost and arm in the corn picker. Lots of ways to die farming.

My cactus is in a south window so it gets plenty of light. It's been in the same pot for 5 years. I'd like to refresh the soil and make it a bit more stable in a wider pot. I don't generally repot cactus until they fill their pots, and this one is about there. I will probably leave it because it's quite the process at this point with it being so tall, but at some point I need to do it.
Oh ya when it's gets that big and has good lighting repoting would do it some good. Minerals build up in the soil. I flush water thro my plants pots at least once a month to help get rid of extra minerals then I fertilize them.

I'm really cautious around large animals to .... Especially after one came after me. I try to take as best care of my body as possible.. the thought of arthritis is ent a good feeling. I probably over work myself though but some one has to farm... I really enjoy working with the land... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom