Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady was on the news because she was running a boarding facility and not feeding people's horses..:eek:
She couldn't afford to run her place anymore or feed the horses.
We had someone near us who was boarding more horses her barn could hold, She kept a lot outside without shelter. She would also just throw hay out to them in one spot so some horses couldn't eat while others hogged it. I think she still boards but i haven't heard from them in a while.. Some people just care about the money, Not about the animals.. smh

Seriously I can't understand people keeping Chickens or Ducks as house pets. To me that is wrong..:hmm
Everyone can do as they please, at the expense of livestocks real needs. :thI changed enough diapers to last me a lifetime without washing a birds arse too..:eek:..:sick
I honestly think it's cruel keeping poultry indoors, Or really any farm animal (Unless it's a dog/cat or course) They should be out in the sun on grass and should be able to scratch around for bugs or dust bathe, forage, etc. I get a lot of people who want to buy a single call duck for house pets..

We had someone near us who was boarding more horses her barn could hold, She kept a lot outside without shelter. She would also just throw hay out to them in one spot so some horses couldn't eat while others hogged it. I think she still boards but i haven't heard from them in a while.. Some people just care about the money, Not about the animals.. smh

I honestly think it's cruel keeping poultry indoors, Or really any farm animal (Unless it's a dog/cat or course) They should be out in the sun on grass and should be able to scratch around for bugs or dust bathe, forage, etc. I get a lot of people who want to buy a single call duck for house pets..
Yes. Unfortunately people are more money driven than animal husbandry. She was or has shut down her facility. Definitely must of been a wake up call for her..:thumbsup
I've had people too wanting single Ducklings from me also. I refuse and generally get them sold in threes or more:wee

Clover and Thistle before things got out of hand.
Never again will I have two species together. :rolleyes:
9EBCA805-3873-4A36-B4A0-A7E402E738AC.jpeg
0D9AE477-8B24-4A43-B685-75C12FCDD1A2.jpeg
B0BBF74F-822D-46F0-B36F-86676670C032.jpeg
4145AC0A-A973-43F6-9D11-4B505BD2930A.jpeg

I've found
Yes. Unfortunately people are more money driven than animal husbandry. She was or has shut down her facility. Definitely must of been a wake up call for her..:thumbsup
I've had people too wanting single Ducklings from me also. I refuse and generally get them sold in threes or more:wee
I always sell in either adult pairs or trios, For ducklings I have a minimum of 6. The only time I sell less than 6 is if someone's looking for just a few ducklings to keep company for their single duckings.
I had a single Duckling hatch this summer and advertised looking for a Duckling buddy. More people replied wanting him alone than calling with a buddy for him. I got him a chick which he eventually noodled to death almost so I culled the chick. Young Drake went to a new home feathered.
Yep, lots of people who try hatching their own ducklings or ordering some online and only end up with 1 duckling contact me for some extra ducklings, Had a buddy who had a broody duck hatch out 13 ducklings. Something got the mamma and all but 2 ducklings the next morning. I had a buff duck at the time who was sitting at on some golf balls so I gave them to her. She took them in and raised the two fluff balls thankfully~
Clover and Thistle before things got out of hand.
Never again will I have two species together. :rolleyes:View attachment 1936976View attachment 1936977View attachment 1936978View attachment 1936979
Aw:love:love i tried doing that once. As soon as the ducklings starting growing in their feathers they went crazy on the chicks. Had to separate them after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom