Call Roosters

Roosterinthecity

Songster
Mar 31, 2022
Is there such a thing as paying to get your chickens to get fertilized by a rooster?
Finding the words to make this “nice nice” is pretty hard since everything sounds like an innuendo.
But is there such a thing as pimping out your rooster?
Say a bloodline of males died off. You have hens from that bloodline, but you don’t want to get another rooster (unless one hatches afterwards). The hens will keep the bloodline going.
I know it’s weird to mention, but has anyone ever had a thought like this?

By studding out a rooster, you take the chance of disease spreading, including the Bird Flu. As far as the sperm only, they do that with Cornishes and the crosses. Cornish Game cannot naturally reproduce after themselves due to their weight, so artificial fertilizing is how they breed them. Now if you can buy the sperm, I don't know, because I've never looked into doing it myself.

Yes I do it all the time in the spring. Someone has a hen another have a rooster. They bring them over I have each in a pen. I put the rooster with the hen he tops her twice. I separate and discard the eggs for the first three days then let them single mate again twice on the 6th or 7th day since the first and she's fertile for a whole clutch. I keep pulling her eggs and at 12 I put them under a broody hen. Both parents go home and when the broody hatches they go home at a day old. Who gets what is agreed upon beforehand

Well deck the halls with drunken bunnies!
I’m actually perplexed that it does exist. But it is something I’m interested in. Guess I have to find someone out here with a rooster who is willing.

SDM111-This is something you do because?

Back
Top Bottom