Calling All Buff Orpington Lovers!

Do you own Buff Orpington's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
No, where did you hear that?
They're a large breed - perhaps more prone to leg problems due to their weight, but I haven't heard anything specific.
I’ve read it in a couple of different places. I really don’t remember exactly where. Good to know they’re not prone to it. I didn’t realize they are a large breed. Thanks!

I have 2 lavendar mottled Orpington who are beautiful. 1 rooster and 1 hen. I absolutely love them! I am hoping she will start laying soon! She is 25 weeks. Not the best picture sorry. They are out after a big rain, looking for floating bugs :eek:). I also have Legbars and brown mottled as well. Someday I will try to get a family picture. The older ones, below kinda keep the younger ones away when I am around. Little greedy with their mama :eek:) aka me. The legbars are also 25 weeks, haven’t had an egg yet. I do look for them laying outside, me and my grandkids do egg hunts. If they don’t start soon, I will lock them up and see. Rooster started crowing about 2 weeks ago, don’t know if this is any sign. I only saw the orp lay down one time looking like she wanted to get...you know. Never saw them in the nest, nor did I ever see them separate. If they don’t start laying soon, does this mean they won’t start til spring? What is the latest I should be concerned? I know lots of questions, sorry.
One last thing, when they come running to me in the nice green grass with their puffy butts I always fall in love with them more.
2FA7CB14-26E2-469D-868F-2A4464A2AF98.jpeg

I got 2 buff Orpington pullets a few weeks back, I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! They are the calmest, most peaceful acting birds I believe I’ve ever had. I’ll get pictures later and will post. I have a thread I just started asking for brooder ideas for 22 buff orp chicks I just got. There are also pictures on there.

My 7-week-old BO is already a big poof ball. She looks like a duck waddling when she tries to run to me for treats. And the poor thing's REALLY bad at flying. She tries to keep up with my EE, but always ends up a bit short. . .

Back
Top Bottom