BarredRockMommy

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Welcome to everything Lakenvelder! Feel free to talk about anything Lakenvelder related! Pictures are greatly appreciated! Let's get started!

This is my angel, Road Runner! Yes, like Wiley Coyote TV show! She is our most flighty bird. Yes its a she and she has spurs. She's my special little girl! Is this just an lakenvelder thing or is it a her thing?
20160815_171103.jpg
20160916_160743.jpg
20160906_160645.jpg
20160821_090330.jpg

Does she lay eggss?

I currently have three Lakenvelder pullets. They are okay, beautiful and interesting but also flighty with a tendency toward hysteria. Since they rare I've thought about breeding them and selling eggs but... I have a lot of chickens! But they are really pretty. They just went out to the coop today and met the Wyandottes through mesh. It went well. Of course they are speaking to me because I'm the one who caught them!

Does she lay eggss?

I currently have three Lakenvelder pullets. They are okay, beautiful and interesting but also flighty with a tendency toward hysteria. Since they rare I've thought about breeding them and selling eggs but... I have a lot of chickens! But they are really pretty. They just went out to the coop today and met the Wyandottes through mesh. It went well. Of course they are speaking to me because I'm the one who caught them!

Lol. Yes she does. She is very flighty also and doesn't lay often about once or twice a week. We thought it was a roo too but "he" never crowed and than we witnessed an egg being layed. Weird right?

I was given a Lakenvelder that was an easter pet I have no idea how old she is but her comb has reacently turned red and her waddles are coming in as well. So not knowing exactly her age when would be a indacator that she is about to lay. I did find this egg today(the small cream) Its also has a rough shell which makes me think new layer.‍♀️ She is a Bantam as well if that helps.
20190725_233316.jpg

I've always LOVED how Lakenvelders looked, but as of yet I haven't gotten the chance to raise them. Maybe in the future! Thanks for all the photos!

Back
Top Bottom