Calling All Nature Lovers! (chat thread)

I got really close to a hawk not long ago that was trying to take my Polish away. I had to help it out of my fenced in area because it couldn't get out.

I've been a few feet away from deer when I go on nature walks.

I've had a bear 10 feet away almost sitting on my mustang GT one night when I was sleeping over at a friend's house.

I got really close to a hawk not long ago that was trying to take my Polish away. I had to help it out of my fenced in area because it couldn't get out.

I've been a few feet away from deer when I go on nature walks.

I've had a bear 10 feet away almost sitting on my mustang GT one night when I was sleeping over at a friend's house.

That same thing happened to me!
The hawk had parasites s was not thinking clearly.

I was collecting eggs from my coop, when I suddenly turned back and saw a coyote walking around in my yard. It was just walking around, not interested in the birds. I went after it and made sure it crossed the street and left, not circle around and try to get them. Thankfully it was in the middle of July and not winter. In my area, they like to get into packs and attack. Also a hawk once. Just heard my roo make a warning call, and suddenly a hawk swooped in, about a foot away from. It flew away. We have a covered roof so all the chickens were all right. Plenty of deer here too. They are everywhere. I have seen 10 pointer bucks out my window during the rut. I live in a rural and farm friendly part of NJ.

I'm a nature lover, and I'll join the chat! I was pretty close to a deer once. It was eating my wild berries. :rolleyes: Of course I've been close to chipmunks, squirrels, etc. (Those kinds of small animals.)

A while ago a raccoon used to come to my porch and eat the seeds and suet from my bird feeders. I got pretty close when scaring it away.

I have a lot of pictures of wildlife I would love to share!! :) Just need to dig them up.

I was collecting eggs from my coop, when I suddenly turned back and saw a coyote walking around in my yard. It was just walking around, not interested in the birds. I went after it and made sure it crossed the street and left, not circle around and try to get them. Thankfully it was in the middle of July and not winter. In my area, they like to get into packs and attack. Also a hawk once. Just heard my roo make a warning call, and suddenly a hawk swooped in, about a foot away from. It flew away. We have a covered roof so all the chickens were all right. Plenty of deer here too. They are everywhere. I have seen 10 pointer bucks out my window during the rut. I live in a rural and farm friendly part of NJ.

I have many coyotes around my place but have never been bothered much.
Yes, bucks are common as well in my rural area of Maine.

Back
Top Bottom