Calling all NEW Brinsea Eco owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe

yeah the worst possible thing that could happen is getting a barred roo instead of a hen. I don't have any Black Wyandotte hens just 3 Black Wyandotte roos that are 9 weeks now.

I believe that someone has pointed a finger at me? ...lol Well I would be more than happy to coach. Infact... I know that a lot of folks are getting one for Christmas, so why don't we wait to set shortly after Christmas. The first thing that I tell anyone about to start out on a new venture is research. Read about hatching, ask questions about what you don't understand, and follow through with what you have learned. Hatching isn't brain surgery! Birds, reptiles, fish, have been hatching eggs WAY before the first incubator was invented. The number one rule with incubating is USE COMMON SENSE! For example, one wouldn't want to set eggs, before getting a thermometer. If you are worried about humidity get a hygrometer 9 bucks at your local pet store.

Secondly do a test run. Set up your bator a couple of days early. This will make sure everything works. Does it holds temp and humidity? If you have a turner, does it work? Do you know how to use the rails? Practice raising the humidity to hatch humidity. Once you have a firm understanding about how the thing operates, you can load it up!

Simply put, it is a great product... You will find in the long run, the joy and easy of the entire process to be a brease. Another thing you will enjoy is CLEAN UP!!! After it is over, set it in the sink, scrub it out (minus the lid of course) rinse, and spray a little bleach water to kill alll the yuckies. Clean the top with a dishrag with a cleaner (windex) dry, and wipe down with bleach water, and it is ready to goooo.. Try that with styrofoam!

Debiraymond you with me on this?

Edited cause I for some reason have a problem spelling styrofoam tonight.. Sigh

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm in and I suggest setting on 1/1/11
big_smile.png

Quote:
No need to lurk, seems like there is some interest. We will keep the thread going and after Christmas start setting a start date. You are more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier!!!

Between now and then you can all lurk the NYDay hatch... alot of us have brinseas and are using them.

16 more days till we hatch. I have 27 eggs in my brinsea at present. 13 Icelandic eggs and then a mix of eggs from my coop and from onthespot.. including a lav orp & a BBS Marans that are developing

I just had my first hatch in my new Brinsea 20 ECO. Had 10/15 hatch on 12-13. And OOO so easy! I love it. My 2nd batch is in for the New Years hatch. I fit 35 eggs in there!!!! 15 Seramas, 14 Silkies (they are pretty small) and 6 LF Brahma. I will certainly be following along with you.

Happy Hatching!!!!
tongue.png

Asked for an Eco for Christmas, hopefully I get one
fl.gif
Mom and Dad are REALLY good at messing with my mind when it comes to Christmas
smile.png
If I do get one I will try to convince my mom to let me try to hatch some chicks from my BLRW trio. We shall see, this thread sounds like it is going to get really interesting
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom