CALLING ALL ORPINGTON OWNERS!

Pics
7EF565B6-988C-4730-8814-2AED9C5AB711.jpeg
I have 2 buff Orpingtons, Henrietta & Buffy the vampire slayer, Buffy is low chick on totem, but has figured out the human gives extra treats to the underdog. She loves to ride on my shoulder over the other chicks that put her at the bottom. Very smart chick! Henrietta is almost top of the totem, both friendly and smart. I add them to my flock, due to their reputation and the beautiful golden color to offset so many dark chicks.

Got our first Orpington chicks 3 weeks ago. They were the SWEETEST birds right from the start. They wanted to be held and fed.
Especially fed.
We got some Lavenders from TSC and have fallen in love.
Names are June, Cotton, Violet, and of course Lavender.

Got our first Orpington chicks 3 weeks ago. They were the SWEETEST birds right from the start. They wanted to be held and fed.
Especially fed.
We got some Lavenders from TSC and have fallen in love.
Names are June, Cotton, Violet, and of course Lavender.
Ahhh good luck with your new babies and I love those names I have a June too except she is a EE. Mind if I steal some of those names I am going to hatch some chicks in 5-6 months and am running out of names lol

Aren't they the best? I love all my breeds but orps are my absolute favorites! I have 3 orp roos, a silver laced chocolate, lavender, and a banty birchen and they are all good boys.
I have 2 buff Orpingtons, Henrietta & Buffy the vampire slayer
They are pretty and really stand out among all those dark ones!

Just to show I'm not really all that weird with keeping a teddy in the brooder -
First picture is of a sticky chick recovering from hatch, the second is a bigger chick playing king of the teddy, and the third is of a challenger chick coming to steal his title. Sticky chick went there himself. Sorry about the color, I had to photoshop out the red light on an old photoshop app.

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_083358.jpg
    IMG_20220605_083358.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • chick on teddy.jpg
    chick on teddy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 3 chick teddy.jpg
    3 chick teddy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom