Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Quote:
Keep Us BYCers In Touch and let us know how your hatch Goes
Good Luck On The Hatching
thumbsup.gif

soo is any one interested in forming a Penedesenca poultry club??? i would be interested in forming a formal club and trying to get them accepted to the APA... i am new to them this year and would like to get everyone involved... preferably some of the breeders that have been in it for alot longer than i have lol... pls i would like to get everyone's opinion on this... has it been tried in the past??? i could build a basic website for it... i really love the breed and by the end of this year i will have all of the colors...

also what of the white Empordanesa can we include them in the club??? or would we need to form 2 clubs??? can we even have a official APA club for 2 breeds at the same time??? or can we just change there name here in the usa??? (hope that don't offend anyone)

anyway i would like to get the discussion going and the idea's flowing... hopefully i am not opening Pandora box here lol... i don't really want to start any big fights here lol...

ill talk to you all later...
Elias in Clinton Arkansas

P.S. i posted this on the Penedesenca yahoo group to here http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/penedesencas_usa/message/246

Last edited:
I am all for The Idea !
clap.gif
It is not going to be easy To get APA Recognition.

I was planning on froming a club, and showing Penedesenca also, but after I called many judges from all over the country I found, it is very difficult to get APA Recognition. So as most of you know I am taking a break on the sells and trades and working on bettering my flock. I am just rasing chicks from my stock Now and culling heavy. It is harder for me also because there is little to No interest in the Penedesenca where I'm from / TX .

With so many people taking interest in the dark egg laying breeds, in other states, forming a club should be some what easy.
ya.gif
APA Reconizing Penedesenca & Empordanesa as a breed is the hard part.
wink.png

I am going to donate eggs at our next show, in hopes of getting others in my area interested in Penedesencas.

Keep Me posted on the progress of the fromation of a Club.
SUPER INTERESTED !

Thank You,
big_smile.png

I have 3 crele pene boys thanks to Luann... hoping to get girl or 6 from her at some point. I "needed" some babies for a broody to raise and she graciously let me have these. I am so in love with them. I have 1 put up with a couple of wellsummer girls to keep him happy, another has a couple of leghorn girls for entertainment and the last one is just running around with the layers ( and a few other boys). I do love the color.

I have Empordanesa's. I think they are both hens. I need to get more hatching eggs for them. I heard that they were flighty, and they are - but they are also inquisitive and good free rangers. I'm glad I found this thread. Does anyone else have Empordanesa?

I think if you're wanting to create a Group, possibly to include all, it should be called something like Catalan Breed Club of America, just my 2cents worth.

As far as APA goes, there has to be at least 5 breeders that have bred and raised the birds for at least 5 years, and so far from what I'm seeing, I don't think there is enough people that have had them for any length of time to even qualify for doing that yet, imagine 5 breeders, 5years each for each feather color. If I had to take a Pole, I'd guess there are more Partridge and Wheatens out there than the Creles and Blacks, you'd start with what most people have and for the longest time to get that feather color approved first, and then go for the other feather colors after that, it would take a combined effort to get it accomplished. Marans have been in this Country for several decades, thru several different breed groups and only just now getting to where its even possible for them to be Approved.

A Groups would have to be organized and then a Breeders List made showing who has what and for how long they've been breeding them, just to get started, that would tell where the numbers are and where to begin. Currently, it would not be a good idea to Show, the reason I say this, is because there are not a sufficient number of birds nor breeders to make the Showing of them count for anything, and it would put the few birds or numbers of birds at risk of Poultry diseases when they are so few in number, which would be a demise of Valuable breeding stock that could be used to place more birds in peoples hands that would show when the time came for Shows that would count toward the Breeds APA acceptance.

It's possible, it will just take alot of Organizing and Cooperation in order to do it.

Victoria

YES,YES, YES!!!

I do a lot of web type work as well, and have been in the process of translating the information from some of the foreign websites. Trouble is, with spring here in Wisconsin finally, there is a lot of outside work now, and my computer time has been rare. But, absolutely, this is a fantastic idea.

Anytime you get people involved in something like this, there is the potential for a Pandora's box. Just have to try and keep positive and not let egos get in the way. I've been involved with a lot of different types of purebred animal projects over the years, and egos are always the issue.

The Chantecler people are putting together a database of all those who have birds in the US and Canada, and I think that is a great idea here as well.

So, if a vote is being taken, I vote YES, YES, YES!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom