calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
Sautéed, hmm. I think I once started a thread asking how to cook sparrows. The response was quite negative. I think that I was deemed a troll.
ep.gif

You're kidding me right??

People did not have a favorite sparrow recipe?

We make fondue with them.

Well,,,,, because I like being able to post on BYC,,,and because I have been on double secret probation about a dozen times. I think it is best I let this line of thought die....

I need to get more bird seed today. They are cleaning me out.

I might just buy a huge bag and throw it all on the ground, save the finches the work of throwing it on the ground one seed at a time.

the finches do better if you run the larger seed or whole sunflower hearts up thru food processor. They will toss anything big to the ground too get to the correct size seed for their liking.

the finches do better if you run the larger seed or whole sunflower hearts up thru food processor. They will toss anything big to the ground too get to the correct size seed for their liking.

That sounds like too much work for me......Besides I need something to b,,,,,,,Wait,,,err ahh complain about to make my life worthwhile...

Word picture: looked out the picture window - large salmon flowered azalea flanked by light lavender azaleas, dandelion seed heads reaching skywards, yellow and black male goldfinch feeding on the dandelion. Very pretty.

We have a pair of Cardinals nesting in the Lady Banks rose on the front of the house, and they have cheepers; I often hear them if I am,out in the yard for long.

Word picture: looked out the picture window - large salmon flowered azalea flanked by light lavender azaleas, dandelion seed heads reaching skywards, yellow and black male goldfinch feeding on the dandelion. Very pretty.

Ok sourland its time for the goldfinches to start heading south. The hummers have already passed through and are now gone on their Mexico vacation.

I have about a million gold finches up here right now, they are emptying my feeders in about 2 days..

WWD says they have to slow down their consumption or we are going to start eating them. Mini- Cornish game hens...

Hi there
frow.gif

I confess to not reading all the posts in this thread and hope that you do not mind me joining.

We have some beautiful birds here in Aus and I thoroughly enjoy their company; even though they do tend to wake me up very early in the morning
wink.png

This is Porter, an Eastern Koel [cuckoo] his parents [Magpie Larks] raised him in our back tree; he still visits regularly:

This is Chucky, a cheeky little Butcher Bird who visits every afternoon without fail to steal the girls treats. Chucky is a meat eater and does not do vegetables
wink.png
:

Chucky sings to me when he sees me:

We have Turtle Doves nesting near the gazebo under the guttering:

Rainbow Lorikeets:

and Galahs at dusk:

Back
Top Bottom