Calls and Cayugas 2020

Pics
20200522_172303.jpg
20200522_172423.jpg

Yup soon as my cousin gets my tractor and backhoe back going to get started and at the very least get coop and run done and gonna have me some of those beauties next spring for sure. Am shoping for a really good incubator now so I can hatch them myself and talk to em daily. Can't wait for some of my own. When getting started how long should a duck or a few ducks be kept on "lockdown" so you can be sure they won't fly away permanently? Can they (not going to do it) be happy not being allowed to fly?

Yup soon as my cousin gets my tractor and backhoe back going to get started and at the very least get coop and run done and gonna have me some of those beauties next spring for sure. Am shoping for a really good incubator now so I can hatch them myself and talk to em daily. Can't wait for some of my own. When getting started how long should a duck or a few ducks be kept on "lockdown" so you can be sure they won't fly away permanently? Can they (not going to do it) be happy not being allowed to fly?
If you raise them yourself I highly doubt they would just fly away. If you bought adults I would wing clip until they got used to their new home. I see nothing wrong with wing clipping. If you do both sides they can still fly a bit they just can't get a lot of lift.
Wing feathers grow back when they molt so it's not like it's permanent like pinioning.
Most of my birds have their wing feathers and they seldom even try to fly. Except for Maggie...she does figure 8s around the palace. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom