Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
ok guys i have a chick of my neighbour and i think its campine x friesian, what ya think?

I agree the markings look campine, but the head shape isn't quite right to me. My campine chicks have more of a wedge shaped head, not so rounded and not such a cute little beak. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Last edited:
Hello! Haven't been on in a while, great to see all the activity!! Welcome to the forum, Ross! Your Campines are lovely!

Ok thanks guys, the wierd thing is, the chick came from his friesian run and he has no campines, the only link is that the friesians are new and they were kept with campines, so it must be a cross. but thanks greatly for the info

I think it takes about 3 weeks for a roosters "contribution" to leave the hen's system. So, if the friesians were kept with campines, that would make sense.

finally took a few better photos of the two lovely silver campine pullets i got from Shannon last week -- i love them!

anna and elsa (i think those are going to be their names)

elsa eating a piece of apple

they are still quite skittish of me -- trying to win over their suspicions with dried mealworms...

I also noted people mentioning squatting earlier on and I'm afraid to say that isn't a sign of wanting to be picked up, it is a sign of submission, is u have ever seen a fox attack u will see the chicken runs but after a while will squat and get eaten.

Sorry to argue nickeyo but ur wrong. They will do often to a cock or a human handler. But they will run till they get caught in the event of a predator. Eg a collie cross named tessa

Again ur wrong, hens base to Roos as a sign of submission, if u watch them the roo stands tall before he mates and if they don't submiss then he doesn't mate, and we had an encounter with a cat about two weeks ago and my welsummer flew over the fence three to four times before she stopped and crouched but when the cat pawed her she ran away and then I beat it away with some sticks. Type in on u tube and watch an attack if u must

Back
Top Bottom