Can 3 toms and a hen live together?

Moms are sometimes wrong... being one and having one, I know these things. :lau A lot of people think only toms have beards (makes sense, right?) but I also learned here that this is not the case. Most hens don’t but a few do. Bearded ladies... that is what they are.

If you gals want hens, there may be local breeders who would be willing to sell you some who are old enough to tell. Just be aware they’ll cost more. Think about the money you spend on feed and about which sex you would rather have and you’ll understand. It’s worth the price though, to get a started female. Just make sure you trust the breeder’s bio-security practices and that you quarantine your new girls for a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I'll get some photos of the two in question tomorrow. This is the only photo I have of one them at the momentView attachment 1919811

The one in the bottom right I think is the other one in question possibly Haha maybe but I need to get some real photos of em tomorrow
I’m certainly not the expert here and that pic is not probably enough to judge by, but I’ll go out on the limb and guess this one is female.

I'll get some photos of the two in question tomorrow. This is the only photo I have of one them at the momentView attachment 1919811

The one in the bottom right I think is the other one in question possibly Haha maybe but I need to get some real photos of em tomorrow

How old are they? The one front and center is a hen and the one to the very far right also looks to be a hen. The one in between them that I can see has a long snood and is a definite Tom

ETA- my bearded lady is a royal Palm. I don't know if it's more common in them or not....

How old are they? The one front and center is a hen and the one to the very far right also looks to be a hen. The one in between them that I can see has a long snood and is a definite Tom
Not 100 on age cause I kinda forgot the exact day I got them but between 4 and 6 months lol..probably closer to 6..ish... The two that you guys are guessing hens are the two I have always thought/hoped were hens. Both have beards but we all know that doesnt matter lol.

Multiple toms are not a good idea unless you have way more multiple hens. It's okay to have one senior and one junior rooster, but more than that not only make too much noise but wear the hens out and eventually fight one another. The fights are bloody and upsetting. It's best to find homes for the excess toms and find more hens if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom