Can a bee sting in duck foot cause infection?

Mudbillkisses

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2016
My ancona duck just got stung by a bee last week. She couldn't walk on it that day much. We removed the stinger less than an hour after it happened once we realized what was causing her sudden lameness. We put some disinfectant on it. The next day she was back to her normal self. Just today she hasn't been as active and has been sitting down more often and limping when she walks. It seems it's the same foot that's bothering her. This is the first time any of my ducks have been stung. Can it cause a systemic infection? I'm not sure why she'd be limping if it wasn't tied to getting stung. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Thank you @Teila - I didn't realize that! I haven't posted a lot on the forum and I'm still getting used to navigating.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Have you checked the bottom of her foot, for bumblefoot, which may be the original cause of her problem? Put "bumblefoot," in the search box above, so you can check out the symptoms and treatment.

Back
Top Bottom