Can a chicken overdose on dewormer?

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
Just about to deworm my chickens for the first time. I was wondering if chickens can die or get ill from a too much dewormer?

What dewormer are you using, what dose and how are you administering it?
Safeguard goat dewormer. I'm thinking of putting the dosage in a bread ball and giving one to each. They are different weights so I will have to figure out the dosage for each of them.

Safeguard goat dewormer. I'm thinking of putting the dosage in a bread ball and giving one to each. They are different weights so I will have to figure out the dosage for each of them.
No, they won't. If they're all around the same weight, you can round to the nearest dose.

SafeGuard dosage is 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days which treats most chicken worms except tapeworms. Give it once and in 10 days to treat for roundworms only.

SafeGuard dosage is 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days which treats most chicken worms except tapeworms. Give it once and in 10 days to treat for roundworms only.
Ok, thank you. So I give them with the same amount of dewormer once a day for 5 consecutive days if I would like to treat all worms (minus tapeworms) but if I would like to treat for roundworms, just once?

Ok, thank you. So I give them with the same amount of dewormer once a day for 5 consecutive days if I would like to treat all worms (minus tapeworms) but if I would like to treat for roundworms, just once?
For round worms use once, then repeat it in 10 days to get the eggs that hatch.

Back
Top Bottom