Can African Geese Fly??

Goose_Willis

Chirping
Jun 12, 2023
My goslings are 12 weeks old and they do alot of flapping and running with their wings spread like geese do but today, during their early morning zoom time, my smallest goose caught some serious height and flew 3 feet in the air for a few seconds. I was told by the farm I got these geese from that they didn't fly, are they just able to do it because they're still babies or will they always be able to fly a little bit?

My goslings are 12 weeks old and they do alot of flapping and running with their wings spread like geese do but today, during their early morning zoom time, my smallest goose caught some serious height and flew 3 feet in the air for a few seconds. I was told by the farm I got these geese from that they didn't fly, are they just able to do it because they're still babies or will they always be able to fly a little bit?
I’m not sure about Africans but most domestic geese can fly short distances but don’t do it often as adults “2 years.”

I normally would have said "no", but I actually recently found a YouTube channel from someone who seems to have taught their Africans to fly regularly -- and really fly! 😲
Someone on instagram taught their buffs to fly and they can do loops around the neighborhood.
I think getting them to fly daily while they’re younger can get their flight muscles developed enough to sustain flight for longer periods, otherwise they’re not much of flyers.
Mine “Buffs, Toulouse, Roma” only flew short distances at most 6 ft off the ground when they’re younger. Now they don’t really bother trying, that crazy stuff is for the young’uns. 😂

I normally would have said "no", but I actually recently found a YouTube channel from someone who seems to have taught their Africans to fly regularly -- and really fly! 😲
Holy moly that goose caught some serious air! If mine start flying that high they'll go over my fence for sure.

All 4 of mine fly now, they can still only sustain flight for a few seconds and they don't get higher than 3 feet but they practice every day. I constantly make jokes that they can smell the river two properties over and they're getting ready to leave me 😂.

Back
Top Bottom