can any one show me...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by v.cyr, Jul 21, 2011.

1. v.cyr

v.cyr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Greene, NY
    what a fawn/dun barred chicken will look like as an adult.... we should have at least three in the batch that we just hatched out(they have light spots on the backs of their heads, and their faces are a nice, dark, ruddy brown)... I understand that, being mixes, their patterning/coloring might be a tad off, but I had just never seen a a barred bird that color, and was wondering what it looked like...

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    v.cyr :

what a fawn/dun barred chicken will look like as an adult.... we should have at least three in the batch that we just hatched out(they have light spots on the backs of their heads, and their faces are a nice, dark, ruddy brown)... I understand that, being mixes, their patterning/coloring might be a tad off, but I had just never seen a a barred bird that color, and was wondering what it looked like...

GSC from The Classroom at the Coop forums is Working with Chocolate Barring(choc, but should look simmilar to het Dun) I´ll find pics and I´ll post them ok...

Edit..GSC is working on Chocolate Cuckoo Marans

Edit..

Here is Her Awesome Work....(you can have something simmilar with Dun depending on extra melanizers)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. v.cyr

v.cyr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Greene, NY
    thanks... that wouldn't be half bad looking... gonna have to play around on the chicken calculator to see how to get more like them...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by