can any one show me...

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
what a fawn/dun barred chicken will look like as an adult.... we should have at least three in the batch that we just hatched out(they have light spots on the backs of their heads, and their faces are a nice, dark, ruddy brown)... I understand that, being mixes, their patterning/coloring might be a tad off, but I had just never seen a a barred bird that color, and was wondering what it looked like...

v.cyr :

what a fawn/dun barred chicken will look like as an adult.... we should have at least three in the batch that we just hatched out(they have light spots on the backs of their heads, and their faces are a nice, dark, ruddy brown)... I understand that, being mixes, their patterning/coloring might be a tad off, but I had just never seen a a barred bird that color, and was wondering what it looked like...

GSC from The Classroom at the Coop forums is Working with Chocolate Barring(choc, but should look simmilar to het Dun) I´ll find pics and I´ll post them ok...

Edit..GSC is working on Chocolate Cuckoo Marans

Edit..

Here is Her Awesome Work....(you can have something simmilar with Dun depending on extra melanizers)

Last edited:
thanks... that wouldn't be half bad looking... gonna have to play around on the chicken calculator to see how to get more like them...

Back
Top Bottom