Can anyone ID this print?

sad.png
coon

Thanks for the posts. I have the girls in the metal shed and put a cement block in front of the door since it can be pulled open at the bottom. I have seen what the coons do to a metal trap.I will be proactive.Would be crushed if the coons got my 3 girls. I bet there is a lot of them.One time 2 years ago I saw 2 adults and 5 babies coming out from under my neighbors deck.Bet there are even more.Even saw an opossum one time under the other neighbors shed.My yard is open,so I can spot just about everything that climbs into it.Unfortunately it is a city lot,with police down the road,and they told me no shooting at any animals in the yard.

Thank you again.I figured with that pointy end(claws),but was hoping not to have them coming in my yard.

not only a coon, but a decent size adult. adults do not tend to run in groups, but a momma coon will keep her babies with her until they are full grown to show them the ropes. so its not impossible to have a group of large strong coons. I would set and bait your trap and then personaly if they couldnt be shot because of your location it would be a deep bucket of water. as I believe that rehomeing is cruel not only to the vermin, but to the other people and animals you release them on.

a cement block won't stop a determined and hungry raccoon,,thats childs play for a raccoon to move,,do you have any other method to protect your chickens?

Back
Top Bottom