Can bradford pear fungus hurt my bantams??

kchicnc

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2015
NC
We have a bradford pear in our back yard and where my bantam run is there is whutw moldy looking fungus all over the ground ...The bantams are shut up in their coop I want let them out in thier run. It smells really bad also .. I didnt havr this problem before but we have had lots of rain...The feed store said I could use hydrated lime to kill the fungus and it wouldnt hurt the bantams ...The bantams are 10 weeks old...There are small seed looking things all over our yard ...If anyonr has any suggestions please let me know ...:)

I wouldn't let your birds eat anything with fungus or mold on it. Molds and fungi can be deadly to birds. Either let this fungi and mold die off or use something on it to kill it. I just dealt with a fungus in my flock that nearly killed them. We had a very wet year and there is mold and mildew under some of our trees. Now that I pulled them through this episode, nobody is going outside until this stuff dies off for the year or I find a fungicide to kill it off.

We have a bradford pear in our back yard and where my bantam run is there is whutw moldy looking fungus all over the ground ...The bantams are shut up in their coop I want let them out in thier run. It smells really bad also .. I didnt havr this problem before but we have had lots of rain...The feed store said I could use hydrated lime to kill the fungus and it wouldnt hurt the bantams ...The bantams are 10 weeks old...There are small seed looking things all over our yard ...If anyonr has any suggestions please let me know ...:)

This year has been so dry and all of a sudden we get all our rain within a week...I am definitely not gonna let them back out there ... We have another coop coming this evening and were gonna move them away from the bradford pear...I am wonderinh if the hydrated lime would hurt them?..I had thought about putting some in my adult lots also ...

I don't think Lime will hurt them as long as they don't wolf it down. I highly doubt they will touch the stuff. Copper Sulfate mixed with Lime (not sure of the percentages) in a gallon of water is supposed to be really good for killing molds, fungus and mildews. I have such a large area to work with I am not sure how I am going to kill this stuff off. I may just section these areas off so the birds don't have access to it. Not sure yet.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom